This historic structure near the Hudson River Waterfront, a clapboard house from 1834, was owned by the artist Jean-Louis Bourgeois, an activist for Native American causes. The late Michael Sorkin, giant of the NYC architectural community, brought BLA to the Bourgeois family to help develop an idea that would preserve the landmark and recognize the legacy of the site by creating a Meeting House for the Lenape Tribe. The original Jefferson Market building shell is preserved and the space within planted with trees native to the Hudson River shoreline. The Weehawken Meeting House project is dedicated to the memory of Professor Sorkin.



Architectural Design
Residential & Cultural   /   Fa├žade & Envelope   /   Research & Urban Design   /   Restoration   /   Consulting Only   /